Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School

I was really fine about this whole first day thing. It’s not that big of a deal in my house, I mean sure Lu is moving up to Infant 4, which means she’ll sleep on a cot with a napmat and yes Z is going to K4. No biggie. I was good until this happened.

We took a few pictures, but otherwise everything was normal. Nick loaded them up in his car and I backed out of the garage, he was about to leave with them, when he flagged me down to come back for Z. When I opened the door, he was bawling his eyes out, wiped his tears, flashed a huge smile and said “Have a great day at work, Mama!” to which I replied “Have a great day at school, Zayd!” He gave me a hug and I went back to my car and left. You see, it has become our tradition to say have a great day to each other in the mornings, and in all the hustle and bustle, I had apparently forgotten, and he wasn’t having that.

It was all I could do to not burst into tears in the car. To see him get so upset, then wipe his tears smile and say something so sweet, it just melts my heart.

I will have to say Nick wasn’t getting emotional about it either, until he was telling me about Z meeting his teacher and saying “Nice to meet you” just like we have been teaching him for a while now. He just kindof stopped talking for a second, and he was like I don’t know why I’m getting emotional. We just both had a moment there, but we’re good, now. Onto the pictures.

I took a few before they left, and I was so happy Nick took some when they got there! We are so proud of them both, they did a great job with their first days! Much better than us!

IMG_1749

IMG_1752IMG_1753

IMG_1766

photo 1photo 2photo 3photo 4photo 5

No comments:

Post a Comment