Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend with Nana and Shoe Girl

Nana was here this weekend and we loved having her. Z had so much fun, he didn’t even notice when we left for our date night on Friday night. We had the best time, and all 5 minutes from our house!
photo 1photo 2
When we returned (around 10), we found Z fast asleep on the couch with Star Wars still going strong. Nana said he tried, but he just couldn’t stay awake. Nick carried him up the stairs, and I leaned over to tell him good night, he opened his eyes, gave me the biggest smile and wrapped his little arm around me. My heart melted!
Saturday was busy! He had swim lessons, then they went to Pita Stop and Treetop and mom and I went to a wedding.
photo 2 (7)photo 1 (7)
I thought I’d slip out of the wedding early and meet Z at Treetop, but that didn’t happen. I got this text from Nick while I was at the wedding:
“Z’s in bed now, but he made me leave the door open a crack so you would come say good night to him when you get home.” (tear)
Then the next morning, the first thing he said to me was: “You didn’t come meet me at Treetop, yesterday!”
I hated letting him down. Safe to say he (and Lu) had a good time anyway!
photo 1photo 2
photo 3photo(40)
photo 4photo 5
Lu is in the most hilarious phase right now where she wants to wear shoes all the time. Whenever she sees any of her shoes, she picks them up, brings them to you, sits down, and sticks her little foot out. It is so cute, I can’t even stand it. Reminds me of when Z would bring us a book, then sit in our lap and turn facing outward so we could read them to him. Not sure what that says about them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment