Monday, December 15, 2014

Move on Down the Road

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming of Disney recaps with some breaking news: the Gax’s have moved (finally)! Sure, the house is not completely ready, but will it ever be? (probably, but it doesn’t seem like it at this point).

We just knew we had to get in.

So, Friday was the big day, movers came to my parents’ house around 8:15, and I was just chilln’ I mean what could I really do to help at that point?! Mom got home from the gym right about the time the trucks got loaded up and ready to head out. So, we packed ourselves into the car and went too.

651

Aren’t we cute?! Yeah, then things got nuts….

659

Picture movers running back and forth from the truck to our house asking Nick and me where these boxes we thought we labeled pretty well but turns out “Eagles” and “Random Miscellaneous” aren’t really helpful, should go, not to mention that some of them were packed over two months and 42 mornings living in your parents upstairs ago. I literally must have said, I’ve never seen that before in my life at least 17 times….

Then, picture furniture and rugs and tables that went okay in your old house, but you really don’t know where they go in your new house coming in with a fury.

After sending 3 pictures to my interior designer/patient/friend, I finally wrote this: “I think I need you.” When she arrived I felt sweet sweet relief….

By 2 o’clock, they were done and out and we were left there with a million boxes, some strategically placed furniture, and no food or drinks. The next 48 hours are pretty much a blur, but I think they consisted mostly of unpacking, stacking empty boxes, going back and forth to my parent’s house, selling furniture, picking out carpet, late night grocery and Home Depot runs, buying and decorating a tree, oh and me breaking a lock, a lamp, and an ornament…. Good times.

684

The kids are doing really well so far and they seem to want to play.with.all.the.toys now that they have them back. They’re really enjoying having their rooms right across the hall from each other.

676

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny, Lora! I mean, you described our move almost to a "T" as well! It's complete chaos yet happy chaos! Funny that we both moved around the same time...I totally feel your pain! :) Hope you guys get settled in the best you can for Christmas and then gradually find a place for everything else OR have a massive Spring garage sale (like we'll be having!). Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete