Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Well, the much anticipated Thanksgiving weekend is now just a memory. This one was certainly exceptional due to the fact we are still living at my parents house, other than that it was all there, every side you can think of, lots of family, and friends. Just perfect.

IMG_6060

Nick and I were both off Wednesday through Friday, and the kids’ preschool was open Wednesday (translation: child-free fun day). Usually we go to a movie and/or shop, but this year, we kept it simple by working out, eating lunch with Uncle Faris and of course paying a visit to the new house. We finished the day off with a some shopping, because, well, you gotta, and picked up the kids early to begin the festivities.

IMG_6050

I went home and immediately began preparing for Thanksgiving. It was definitely different working in Mom’s kitchen, but with a double oven and a warming drawer, I wasn’t complaining.

Everything came together around 5 on Thanksgiving Day and we had a wonderful meal. For me, there’s nothing like that first bite of food after a day and half of preparation.

IMG_6061

One of my blog besties (she doesn’t know it) alerted me to some Black Friday sales, so after the kids went to bed and the guys started watching TV in the basement, I took my happy little self up with computer and did some shopping. Perfect end to a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment