Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Disney Day 5

Day 5 is actually a half day, because we were flying home Sunday afternoon. Since we’d packed almost everything Saturday night, we were able to head out to Magic Kingdom early, as in before it opened early. We got in one more castle picture, even though it was kindof a yucky day.

 MK_MSMKTHOU_7116463039

We had reservations that morning for Crystal Palace, the (delicious) meal with Winnie and Friends. I was excited for this lunch because Z holds a special place in his heart for Winnie the Pooh, and his reaction when he saw him did not disappoint! He ran to him, wrapped his arms around him and shouted, “I have the bear of you, Winnie!” with the sweetest sparkle in his eye (and tear in mine!). Made my heart happy.

IMG_1644IMG_1665IMG_1676IMG_1691IMG_1702

IMG_1659

It was a great way to start the day. Then, we went about trying to do the things we didn’t get to do the first day we were there. First on the agenda, meet some more princesses.

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_7116508890MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_7116508893MK_PFTHPURPLEB2CHAR_7116513468MK_PFTHPURPLEB2CHAR_7116511087MK_CASTLEWALLCHAR_7116532086MK_CASTLEWALLCHAR_7116532084

Check.

Then, we did Belle’s Tales, which was really fun. The kids loved it, and somebody was chosen for a very special role…

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7116718364MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7116718360

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7116718359MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7116718356

MK_ENCHANTEDTALESGOLD_7116718371

Then, we had fast passes for Mine train, and I was way nervous for Z, but he was excited, so the boys went first and Z LOVED it! I couldn’t believe it! Look at that smile on his face.

Not sure H was as excited, but I was pretty amazed he even rode it at the tender age of 3 1/2!

MK_MINETRAIN_7116513723MK_MINETRAIN_7116514486

Then, they talked Julie and me into using the fast passes. To say some expletives were shouted would be an understatement (and yes those are children in front of us). But, I am really glad we did it!

MK_MINETRAIN_7116523995

After mine train, Nick and Z rode the Goofy ride. I think it’s kindof roller coaster-ish too. Z loved it! Then, we did the Jungle Cruise again and rode Aladdin’s Magic Carpets (similar to Dumbo ride).

IMG_1746

Then, it was Dole Whip time, YUM!! The kids clearly loved them.

IMG_1762IMG_1767IMG_6640

Our last official Disney event was seeing Tinkerbell. She was the absolute cutest, and I think the boys loved her just as much as Lu.

When she asked Lu what her name was, she just shrugged her shoulders, so Tinkerbell said “Ok, I’ll give you a name then.” Lu’s eyes lit up, and she said “How about Pixie Trixy?” Then Lu shook her head, and Tinkerbell said “Okay, how about ‘Fairy Clairy’?” And Lu’s eyes lit up again. Then, she said, “From now on, you’ll be “Fairy Clairy!” It was so cute, and I’ve had to repeat the story to Lu about 100 times since then!

IMG_6644MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7116734061MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7116734705MK_TSFAIRIESACHAR_7116734712

Could you eat Henry up with that pose?! I love it!

We did our shopping on Main Street. Lu got a reversible Anna/Elsa doll. Z got a Buzz Lightyear laser gun (that shoots missiles, a quality he looks for in all of his toys) a la the Buzz Lightyear ride. We bought new stockings and a few other souvenirs to remember the trip by, then we were on our way back to the resort to catch the shuttle to the airport.

At this point all we were left with were magical memories and three worn out kids!

IMG_6654

Lu slept from the time we got on the shuttle to the resort to right after we walked through airport security! Probably close to two hours of me holding her, waiting in line, riding in buses, walking through the airport. Sister was exhausted! So was I, after that, but I knew that if she was well rested, she’d do a lot better in the plane, and she did. I was really proud of both their traveling skills.

We had an uneventful (thankfully) flight home, and basically the time of our lives! Z still periodically talks about how he misses Disney and he wants to go back, and Lu is still making me tell her the Aladdin story, along with the Little Mermaid story and the stories of every other princess we saw there that we now have a renewed appreciation for! I am so glad we went. The looks in their eyes when we saw characters and rode rides will forever be implanted into my memory, and I am so thankful for that. If it weren’t for the Smiths, we probably wouldn’t have gotten the energy to go for another several years, and I really think the timing for our kids was pretty perfect.

If I had to summarize the trip in three words, they would be exhausting, memorable, and magical!

Can’t wait to go back! (The Smiths are probably already planning their next trip ;))

1 comment:

  1. LOVE!! I am just now getting to read your Disney posts! I am dying at your face (and Julie's!) on Mine Train. Hilarious! Did y'all do Photo Pass/Memory Maker? Great photos!

    ReplyDelete