Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend In Review

As we are approaching Zayd's 4 month birthday, I am beginning to understand why it is such a milestone. This weekend, we got a little taste. Zayd was very calm, and really only cried when he needed something, food, sleep, to change activity. We have slipped in the nightly sleeping department. He's starting to cry in the middle of the night, either because he has rolled himself over or for some other unknown reason, but he is like a different baby during the day. Whereas before, I denied that I would have a fussy baby, now I have started denying the fact that it would ever get better, and as I sit here writing this, I am feeling hopeful that maybe we have reached that magical 4 month milestone where, almost overnight we have a calm happy child who doesn't feel the need to cry when he's not eating or sleeping...

Friday, my stay-at-home mom day, started the weekend off on right foot. He woke up around 8, ate, then we went to Walgreens to pick up a few things, came home, and he went down for a 2 and a half hour nap. Then he ate again, and we packed up and went for a walk in the park, came back home and he slept another 1 hour and 40 minutes, which allowed me to take a nap (any day that I get to take a nap is a fantastic one!). He watched TV with me, played, laughed, and was all around fun. My wonderful mom kept him that evening, while Nick and I went to dinner and a movie, specifically, a quick philly cheesesteak and Avatar. Here are some pictures of the day.



Saturday was pretty uneventful. We were waiting all day for him to take a long nap so we could get out of the house, but it really never happened, so we took off anyway. The outing was still a success. We went for a walk and after trying to go to Cheesecake Factory with Mom and Faris, which I don't even know why we try anymore, the wait was 2 hours. We went to our old favorite, Whole Foods. It was the first time Zayd had been there with us. He loved it!




Sunday, we stayed in and played Super Mario Bros. for the Wii, then took a family trip to Sam's Club. This is all a really big deal for us, because we have had so many sketchy outings with Zayd that we just don't take him places anymore, but he did amazingly well, even in Sam's! He was just looking around and taking it all in. He fell asleep in the car, and we came home, ate, bathed him, and all crashed, another great weekend! Here are pictures of all of the above activities.







These after bath pictures make me want to squeeze him! He still goes to town in that thing, but this time he was calm enough after that we could take some pictures (photo credit goes to Uncle Faris and his iphone).

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I really didn't think he could get any cuter until I saw these bath pictures. He is precious! Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures!!! I love the "yeah, I know I'm cute face"! I'm glad Zayd is finally getting into a normal routine and out of the fussy all the time stage! Glad y'all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really has crazy how much they change in during the 3rd month! I'm glad he is sleeping better!

    ReplyDelete