Wednesday, January 27, 2010

4 Months, Hallelujah!

As you can tell from previous posts, I have been eagerly anticipating this day for quite some time. Month 4 is the homeland, the light at the end of the dark, loud, sleep-deprived tunnel. Well, it hasn't been that drastic, in fact, just last night we got a nice reminder that Zayd is a baby and babies cry sometimes... for no reason. Regardless of any transformation, real or perceived, we have made it, and we couldn't have done it without a few critical items and people. I'd like to dedicate this post to those things and people.

So, here goes:

First, and foremost, we could not have made it without the help of family, my mom, dad, sister, even Faris, and Nick's family as well. They have all supported and helped us, both emotionally, physically, and whatever other way we have needed them, also my wonderful nanny, who has helped us discover things about Zayd and been so patient with him, even when he has had a "rough day."

This blog, it has been an outlet for my joy, frustration, obsessive picture taking, and endless stories of the details of our never dull life.

Breastfeeding, it has brought me much joy and elation and provided a safety net for Zayd and me when we are both about to lose it.

The hairdryer, which has offered instant relief in difficult situations, and rings forever in all of our ears...

The sling, it has given Zayd and me physical closeness when I have sometimes felt I didn't want to be so close, i.e. when he's screaming bloody murder in my ear after a long day of work.

The swaddle and bouncer, both aiding in his sleep which brings us all a little closer to our sanity.

Last, but not least, Zayd and his beautiful smile and spirited attitude (that's a euphemism, by the way). He makes all the sleep-deprivation, soiled clothes, budget restraints, and loss of freedom completely worth it. Our lives would be empty without him, and my hardest day now is a million times better than my best day before him! I LOVE HIM!

We don't know what the future holds for our little family. The near future will likely be one with lots of toy cars, trains, outings to the park, learning how to crawl, walk, and run. All I can hope and pray for is a long fulfilling life for Zayd and one where he knows how much he is loved. I pray every single day that he has the best childhood any child could ever wish for and that God will bless him every moment of every day of his life.

Here are some of his 4 month pictures. I don't really have his stats yet, because we don't have our 4 month doctor visit for 2 more weeks.


2 comments:

  1. He looks like such a big boy now at only 4 months. I'm very proud of you and Nick and happy you made it successfully through the first 4 months. The next baby will be much easier or you just won't have time to pay attention as well. Love, Nana Gax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! It made me cry...I'm such a softie. :) You have so much more to look forward to! Things will just keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete