Monday, May 17, 2010

Accomplishments

Well, I guess no news is good news. Things have been rather uneventful lately. So, I thought I'd take a minute and talk about things we've been working on.

First, we are trying to get better at grasping. Z can take hold of about anything, but he tends to lose interest very quickly. He is reaching for everything (including the camera lens), but  again doesn't really know what to do with it when he gets there, which is a good thing I guess in the case of forks and knives...
Next, self-feeding. This relates back to the first skill of grasping, which we clearly haven't mastered yet. But, I like to put puffs in front of him, then he moves them around and they usually end up on the floor. I keep hoping that one day I'll look over and see one in his mouth, but today, I found this...
Crawling. We are in the pre pre-crawling stage. That means he really doesn't show many signs of crawling, but mentally, he's there.
Talking. He still can't say mama, and believe me, we are working on that every chance we get. He does say "ba-ba-ba." Occasionally, he'll say "ra-ra" (Lady Gaga style) and "ba-ba-va." Exciting stuff, I know. I would say we are in the pre-talking stage, and clearly, he is there... Mentally.

Things we have accomplished...
 He eats 2 meals a day, and lately doesn't seem to be rejecting much (hence the fat rolls). If he were going to reject anything, I would think it would be broccoli, but wouldn't you know, the child loves it! He's also done really well with lentils, which I have been mixing with his vegetables here and there. We haven't tried meat yet, but I'm hopeful.

He's been sleeping very well, and usually takes 2 good naps at around 9 and 1.

I can take him almost anywhere, as long as I plan around naps and such, and he loves seeing people and new things, although, some places like Superior Grill and The Summit are becoming regular spots for him.

5 comments:

  1. Is he pulling off a "Thriller" (Michael Jackson) move while wearing the blue and white outfit above! :) Gave me my much needed laugh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.

    First I was laughing about the cereal bit on his chest, THEN I was laughing about the Thriller move and then saw Shellbelle was thinking the same thing! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah! I may have to amend the post. I didn't see that at first, but I totally see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thriller...that's IT! I was trying to think of where I recognized that move!

    Love that he is so advanced (mentally!) :). Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has so much personality! I loved all of the pictures. Someday Riley and I will come to the Ham for a visit so we can see these to little men run around together!

    ReplyDelete