Monday, May 31, 2010

Finally It Has Arrived!

I am speaking of Z's first tooth. It finally came! I never thought I would be so excited to see a tooth, after all, I see them every day! But today, Memorial Day 2010, it was different. We were in the Publix shopping center, I made Z laugh and lo and behold there was his first pearly white peeking up at me. It's on his lower right in the front (tooth P to be exact). When I saw it I yelled to Nick, "I see a tooth!" He came over and looked and we both got so excited, we congratulated eachother and hugged... right in the middle of the grocery store. I know, and I'll be the first to admit that that was probably an inappropriate response to such an event, but you have to remember we don't get out much.

The rest of the weekend has been awesome, aside from a leak issue we are having to fix in the condo, we have done a lot of relaxing and hanging out with Z. The aforementioned forced us to stay with my parents on Saturday night, so Nick and I took it as a chance to go out to dinner together while Z slept there. It was great to have a little date night for just the two of us. It was also nice just to be able to eat out after 5.

Sunday night, we went to early dinner with friends, and I got to go to Sex and the City 2 with some girl friends and my mom. I honestly can't remember the last time I went to a movie, and it was great! I realized just how much I need to get out when I found all of the previews good/funny/touching... Scary! Reading this, I am realizing that I sound like I never take any time away from my child, and I do, but I feel like work takes me away from him enough that in the evenings and on the weekends I just want to be with him as much as possible.

Well, the rest of the weekend we just did a LOT of furniture shopping. Z is a fantastic shopping buddy. He went with the flow and even had to eat in the car (parked) several times. Poor kid. Next adventure, the pool. I'm just waiting for the right weather. Happy Memorial Day, or for us first tooth day!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting news about the tooth!! And congrats on y'all's house...it's beautiful! I know y'all are so excited (about the house AND the tooth, that is :) )!

    ReplyDelete