Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sleep Part 2

Well, I talked ad nauseum about it with Z, I haven't gotten much of it in the past 6 weeks, but here I go again to talk about sleep!

Lu has been a pretty decent sleeper since she was born. We haven't had to use the bouncy, the swing, or really any other "prop" much at all. Z was a bouncy kid until I don't know when, so that was weird for us. She still hadn't given us any long stretches of sleep at all until this past weekend when she slept 5 hours, ate and then sleep another 4. That started her day off a little late and we paid for it the next night so I didn't think that would be happening again for a while... until this morning, 4 a.m. to be exact, when I realized she had been asleep for 6 hours! Hallelujah!

A few things happened that likely led to this:

1. I increased her bottles by 0.5 oz each because I realized she's already consistently taking one less feeding than she was when I started back last week.

2. My mom let her cry it out for a nap! Now, I was skeptical about this one at first, because I'm pretty sure I didn't cry it out with Z until much later, but I trusted her (besides the fact she didn't tell me about it until afterwards).

Side note: as she was telling the story the amount of time she let her cry kept increasing. In the beginning she said, she didn't have to cry much like 15, you know maybe 20, like 23-24 minutes or so. Then later she was like, I mean she fell asleep after only 25 minutes of crying. So, I'm thinking it was probably more like 30. But regardless, it worked and by bedtime, she went down "drowsy but awake" and by the time I got to our room from her nursery, she was asleep!

I've been slacking on the pictures lately but here are a couple from this weekend when we went to Nick's firm's BBQ.

Lu loved being outside!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment