Monday, June 18, 2012

Top 10 Reasons....

Aside from the obvious reasons, I have come across some things in my (brief) maternity leave that have made me realize that I really do need to get back to work. I am really lousy at staying at home, because I tend do next to nothing besides sitting on the couch and watching TV, so here are the Top 10 reasons I need to get back to work:

10. I know more about celebrity's lives than I really should. I have forgotten that these people are NOT my friends, except Giuliana Rancic, we're buds, she just doesn't know it.

9. Too much daytime TV! I came to this realization when I actually started liking The Chew.

8. I have lost interest in NPR. It's not 30 seconds in to an interview with a documentary producer that I'm switching to music. I usually love almost everything on that station, from All Things Considered to Fresh Air. My brain is slowly turning to mush.

7. I'm out of touch with the weather. Besides the fact that I wasn't leaving the house much, I get all my weather info from conversations with patients (e.g. "Is it hot enough out there for ya?" "We gonna get some rain anytime soon?" "When's that sun gonna come back out?"). That is essentially my day in conversations.

6. I can't remember what it was like to not smell spit up or stay in the same shirt all day.

5. I wasn't sure how many more times I could get away with picking Z up from school in gym clothes while all the other parents were coming in and out in work clothes.

4. I felt like all I saw on TV were actors promoting movies I was never going to be able to see.

3. My purse had (literally) been collecting dust.

2. I was running out of saved shows on my DVR (and shamefully, sometimes rewinding a bit, just to make them last longer).

and the number 1 reason I knew it was time to get back to work:

1. I am ready to start my new routine. I am a total creature of habit and routine. I crave it, and I have no idea what that routine is going to look like with 2 children, but I'm ready to find out!

Even with all these reasons there is still one big small reason I am NOT ready to go back



3 comments:

  1. Love this! And I identify with many on your list. Especially that G. Rancic is my friend but doesn't know it. And NPR! ha! Hope y'all are getting into the swing of your new schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the Giuliana Rancic comment too - LOVE HER and Bill! If I ever get back to Chicago, I told Chad we're going to go have dinner at their restaurant - RPM Italian ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Apparently G has a lot of friends she doesn't know about b/c I feel the same way. When they announced they were pregnant, John said "I feel like we need to send them a little happy." He was totally kidding of course, but we thought it was funny that we were as excited by their news as we would have been for good friends. :)

    Also, I could have copied almost everything on this list! So funny.

    ReplyDelete