Monday, February 17, 2014

Snow, a Four-Letter Word

Last week was CRAZY! I don’t even want to go into it because I just want to forget about it and move on! We had the threat of “winter weather” Tuesday then again on Wednesday, so school closed BOTH DAYS! We got nothing but rain until Wednesday night. By then, I didn’t even care. That’s a lie. I was really excited! Like running around the house looking out of every window excited. When will I ever learn?

IMG_1039IMG_1041IMG_1036IMG_1029

We enjoyed it from the comfort of our warm home, but didn’t dare get out in it, it was bedtime and nobody messes with bedtime in the Gax House!

I am so thankful my mom kept the kids on Tuesday and Wednesday so I could do some work. I opened late Tuesday and closed early Wednesday, but with the memories of snowmageddon still fresh in my mind, it was not fun at all for me. The kids on the other hand, they had a blast with Nunna! For some reason Z got it in his head that he was hot at home, so he kept his PJ shirt off almost the entire time (and insisted he needed the fire)! When he gets like that, I like to say he’s wide open, so it’s safe to say he was wide open with Nunna (same as when he got to stay home with Nana the week before)!

IMG_1004IMG_1005

Even though they barely got out of the house from Monday afternoon all the way to Thursday morning, they didn’t seem to mind it too much. I must’ve washed 39 pairs of pajamas by the end of it though!

IMG_1019IMG_1023

Thursday, the school delayed opening, so I didn’t even bother calling my mom and I took them to the office with me, after we played out in the snow for a little bit. We threw a lot of snowballs, but we never got to make a snowman, instead we drove through the neighborhood and admired all of our neighbors’ snowmen. There were quite a few, and we really got a kick out of our little snowman tour.

IMG_1057IMG_1051IMG_1054IMG_1058 

We didn’t even end up seeing patients Thursday morning, because the roads were a little sketchy and no one wanted to take any chances. Come 10:30, I was at the door of the school with my kids feeling so relieved and ready to get back to our normal routine, although I will say that they were less than excited about going back.

Didn’t I say I didn’t want to get into it? And I did, oh well it’s history now. Spring better get here quick!

Next up, Valentine’s Day, my favorite holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment