Monday, February 10, 2014

Talking Teeth and Nana Visit

Last week I had the honor and pleasure of speaking with Z’s class about teeth for dental health week. They ended up bringing in both K4 classes, so it was almost 50 kids! I honestly never thought I’d be so intimidated by a bunch of 4 year olds and my son, but I was! It went great, and I can’t wait to do it year after year for Z (and Lu for that matter). I’m sure one day he’ll be embarrassed by me, but he seemed to think it was pretty cool this time.

IMG_0915

Thursday Nana came into town, so the kids got to stay home with her, while we were at work. There was another snow threat that closed the schools early, but thankfully it was nothing and I didn’t even have to rush out and get them because they were warm and safe at home with Nana!

Friday, Nick and I both had CE courses, so the kids got more QT with Nana. We are so thankful she could come down and watch them while we had our classes, and the kids had the best time!  They made cookies and Valentines and Z was so happy he was acting a little like a wild man!

IMG_0930IMG_0933

Meanwhile Nick and I managed to have an impromptu Sushi Date since both of our courses were in Hoover.

IMG_0920

We came home and headed outside for a bit while Nick and Nana went to the grocery store.

IMG_0924IMG_0926

Saturday I had to go back to a course, and Nick, Nana, and the kids went to the park. I think it’s safe to say they had a good time.

IMG_0990

Saturday night we went to Fish Market for dinner, and the kids were fairly well-behaved, besides Lu screaming “MAMA! MAMA! MAMA! MAMA! MAMAAAA!!!!!” which she likes to do about 463 times a day.

IMG_0944IMG_0948IMG_0957IMG_0988IMG_0970IMG_0985

Sunday was beautiful, so we played outside with Nana, and she taught Z how to shoot proper baskets! And by proper, I mean between the leg, but they were getting in the hoop! Basketball here we come!

Oh and don’t think Miss Lu was going to be left out, luckily we still have Z’s old b’ball goal for her!

IMG_0991

No comments:

Post a Comment