Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine’s Day 2014

I love Valentine’s Day! I always have! I love red, pink, flowers, candy, school parties, all of it! I want Valentine’s Day to be special for my kids. I have been buying them little Valentine’s treats and presents for probably a month now, and I couldn’t wait to give them all to them! I also got them Valentine’s donuts which they enjoyed Thursday night after dinner. Well, Z enjoyed it, Lu just licked it and put it down. Go figure!

IMG_1062IMG_1063

Because of the crazy week, I decided to make Friday a make-up day for them and a decompressing day for me, and send them to school. I also didn’t want them to miss their Valentine’s parties. I still had their treats waiting for them in the morning when they woke up, and Z was super excited! Miss Lu really wasn’t sure what to do with hers, but once she realized there was candy in there, she was pretty excited too! They ate candy pretty much all day on Friday (by far more than they had on Halloween). Maybe that was me projecting on them a bit, because I love me some candy!

IMG_1064IMG_1065IMG_1066

IMG_1069IMG_1068

Z was excited to get his Super Battle Droid, because we’ve been talking about it for a long time. Lu’s big present was a stuffed Boots doll, but it didn’t come until Saturday. She was unsure at first, but now she loves it too!

There were also two sets of silverware in there for each of them. I really couldn’t wait to give them those, because every meal, they go through a whole silverware thing, where Z gets his spiderman spoon and fork and Lu gets her Doh-doh spoon and fork, and heaven forbid when they’re dirty, which is often, and they have to use some generic silverware. Now they have lots of choices, which I think makes them very happy. It really is the little things!

Before we left for school, I attempted some Valentine’s Day pictures, and was let down once again by my 4 year old and 21 month old. Believe it or not, Z is not blinking in this pic but rather intentionally closing his eyes.

IMG_1073IMG_1074

I finally get Z to smile and look at me after some threats gentle nudging, but Lu still has no interest. Oh well, this is real life.

IMG_1071IMG_1077

While they were in school, I got a hair cut, met my mom for car washes, lunch, and shopping. I had a blast and felt totally recharged by the end of the day, but I couldn’t wait to get my babies and go through their V-Day loot!

IMG_1082IMG_1086

They managed to get some dinner in them, and had baths, then things started going downhill from all the sugar. We finally got them in bed, then had our at-home date night, an idea I got from Everyday Cheer (one of the many blogs that inspires me daily!), while we did not do wine and cheese, I still think this is a fabulous idea, and we loved it! Where else can you enjoy fine dining barefoot, only to be interrupted by your four year old calling you to turn the fan on for him?

Incidentally, when I was putting Z to bed, I was dressed for our “date” and he said, “Wait, are you going somewhere?” I said, “No baby, Baba and I are going to eat dinner downstairs.” Then he got really sad and said “But I wanna eat with y’all, I love downstairs!” He eventually got over it and slept just fine in his bed.

IMG_1087IMG_1088

Our dinner was from Chuck’s and it was fantastic! We enjoyed a gourmet steak dinner steps from our sleeping kids and were in sweatpants minutes after, now I’d say that was a success!

Next up, Marathon 2014! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment