Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mama, Maaammmaaa!

For a while now, Z has been saying a name at the end of a statement or command, like, “I want milk, mama” or “I go to park, Baba.” Well now, he has figured out how to call out for us. He says “Mama! Maaahmmma, I need some milk” or “Mama Maaaahmaaaa, I need sunglasses.” Sometimes it’s just “Mama! Maaaammmmaaaa!” just for fun. I think it’s pretty funny.

He knows that “baby sisterr” is in Mama’s belly, but sometimes when I ask him where’s baby sister, he’ll raise up his own shirt and point to his belly button, so I’m still not sure he gets it, and even if he does, I’m fairly confident he doesn’t think she’ll ever come out! Yesterday when I picked him up from school, they said he was playing with the babies, and he even showed me how he had to cover the little baby doll up with a blanket so she could “sleep.” I tried to tell him, “that’s like your baby sister” to which he responded “yah!” (one of his favorite words).

I think my favorite new word is “sleebes.” When he was wearing a lot of long-sleeve shirts, he didn’t want to sleeves to be pulled up, now that he’s wearing short sleeves we had to explain that to him, so whenever we put on a short sleeve shirt, he says “I got sleebes.”

He has these whole conversations with himself sometimes when he’s feeling really chatty, and I just love it. I’ve been meaning to try and video it one day. Most of it is incomprehensible, but usually mixed in with a few familiar words and he does it a lot in the car.

He knows so many songs, it’s surprising sometimes. A couple of examples of songs he has busted out with are Frere Jacques and Ring Around the Rosies. He busted that one out when he saw a picture of stick figures holding hands in his cereal bowl.

One thing we’ve been doing in the evenings is laying on the couch under a blanket together, usually watching Barney. He insists on having a blanket. I think he’s so busy at school that he likes to wind down after dinner, plus he sees me doing that all the time. Last night, we watched Barney and ate grapes, his new favorite snack, much to my shock and amazement!

I adore that time with him and fully realize those moments are going to be harder to come by pretty soon.

I wish I had more pics of Z, but I do have an official 32 week picture of myself:

photo(11)

No comments:

Post a Comment