Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holidays and Such

I have no idea where to start. I have been absent from the blog for a while, not because we have been traveling or working a lot or because we have been crazy busy, really just the opposite. We have been relaxing and spending lots of time with the kids, catching up on sleep, eating a ton and generally enjoying our time together.

Z had a great Christmas. He was very excited about every present and wanted to open each of them "all togeder." He got a lot of great stuff from Nana and Tata and us, but I think one of the things he liked the most was this little Star Wars sword that holds M&M's.

We went nowhere on Christmas day. It was cold and rainy and a perfect day to stay in. The week before I swear was the longest week ever, so I took it easy Friday. We managed trips to the gym, I got my hair cut and not much else Saturday. We did happen to be picnicking outside when Santa came by on the fire truck. I think Z has caught Santa the Saturday before Christmas all three years we've been in our house. He almost missed it this time though for being on the potty. His timing for pottying has been spot on lately, let me just tell you. But we were able to pull pants up and run outside in time to greet Santa and get some candy.


 Sunday we decided to go to the outlets in Leeds, just to get out of the house. So we basically got up and got out. It was a little colder than we had expected. Z was asking for a blanket for the stroller, so I had to give him my sweater and walk around like a fool with my three-quarter sleeve shirt on. It warmed up enough for him to give up the sweater eventually and except for a little drizzle, it was actually quite nice. Lu slept a good bit and Z stayed in the stroller up until the point we reached the Learning Express outlet where he got out and played while I hit up the uniform outlet (glamorous, I know).

He really liked this drill, maybe he'll take after his mama after all




Picture him yelling "Cheeeese!" and this picture will make sense
 

Thought bubble: He's nuts, but I love him


We made Christmas dinner on Monday and the whole fam was over. The weather was a little better so the kids got to play outside some. It was so fun and the kids were beside themselves as usual. Not sure why, but even though we swore we would, we got very few pictures of that evening. Oh well, here's to Jido. Incidentally, this was taken with the point and shoot I bought a couple years ago, I didn't realized how bad the quality was until I started uploading these pictures, but it's bad, sorry about that.


One more I found

We carried on Nick's family's tradition of opening one present Christmas Eve. For Z it was his Captain America and Angry Birds stuffed animal and shirt from Aunt Talia and Uncle John. He LOVED it! Captain America is so cheesy, but I swear Z loves him. He played with him non-stop and really still does.

Next up: More pics from Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment