Monday, January 7, 2013

Trip to McD's

Update: Z had a pretty large tee tee accident the DAY I wrote that last post. In his defense he was standing in front of the toilet, but man that's the last time I brag about how well he's doing.

We have had a nice weekend. I am still getting used to trying to do things with two kids. It's just so much easier to stay at home, especially when I'm by myself of Fridays. This past Friday, the sun was out, and I was determined to leave the house, so we took a trip to good ol' McDonald's (which incidentally, is what Z calls it, Ol' McDonald's). It's an interesting crowd hanging at the Chelsea McDonald's on a Friday at lunchtime, a few construction guys, a couple of moms with young kids, oh and some inmates.... Score one for that decision.

Note to self: try to make it to Chick fil-A next time you get the urge to leave the house/have fried chicken and french fries.

We made it through, Lu had her baby food, Z got to play in the playplace. We cut our time a little short however because there was a small 2 and a half year old big kid there who was pushing and kicking him. He kept coming to me saying, "The friend kicked me, the friend just pushed me." And the mom would look at me and say "I'm sorry" with some half-hearted smile. I couldn't really see what was going on from where I was sitting, and I really didn't want to go Mama Bear in the McD's playplace, so I went with the "hey, let's get some ice cream and go to the park!" and it worked. Potential crisis averted.

He has been somewhat on a tattling kick lately though. After he said "Parker just hit me" in front of me at school, I asked his teacher if he tattles, because it seems like he's always saying so and so pushed or so and so hit. He even "tells" on the teachers, saying "Miss Virginia was screaming" (that's a favorite of his).

She said no, that he just doesn't play rough and he doesn't like when other kids do. I think this is probably a good thing, I just don't want him to be that annoying kid who's always telling on someone.

We all went out to dinner Saturday night, which was so fun, it probably helped that my mom worked with Lu most of the time and had both of them when we went to Barnes & Noble afterwards. I really liked getting out with my parents and brother and sis-in-law though!

Sunday, we hung out at home and had a family trip to the grocery store. I'm sure we looked like idiots taking pictures in the grocery store, but we wanted to show Z's new haircut and my new sling, and of course my no makeup self, which I did not want in the picture, for the record.







On a separate note, the kids have been so cool about chilling in the morning on the weekends, when we aren't, let's just say, prompt about getting up to get them. Lu can be talking in her bed for 30 minutes or an hour then look like this when I come in there.





No comments:

Post a Comment