Monday, January 14, 2013

Parks, Parties, and Mario

We had a great weekend. Friday, I took the kids to the park for a little bit before the rain came. Z’s favorite thing to do there now is throw sticks and rocks into the water. Lu was very entertained watching him.

IMG_3880IMG_3887

Getting outside with them even for 30 or 45 minutes was so great for all of us, especially in this gloomy weather!

Nick had to work on Saturday, and we had a full agenda of birthday party and day at the condo. I was relieved to go to the condo to have a break from everyone coming over to my house (not that I don’t love it, I just didn’t want the responsibility for once) and the change of scenery was great for the kids. I was so proud of myself for getting Z bathed and dressed (complete with negotiation out of Diego shirt and into his polo, that wasn’t easy), myself showered and dressed, a long nap for Lu and got her b’day party ready, and to the party only half an hour late (the hold up was Lu’s nap). Incidentally, if you are reading this, and we have been invited or will be invited to your child’s birthday party, I am sorry we were/are going to be late, it seems inevitable, although we are trying.  IMG_3895 IMG_3899

We had a lot of fun, especially Z. He and the cousins took over the bounce house and Z was stuck to cousin J like glue!

Meanwhile, Lu was stuck to my mom (and a little bit, my dad) like glue…

IMG_3903

IMG_3907

We had fun at the condo, and actually got the kids to get out of the bouncy by announcing cheerfully, “Let’s go to the condooo!” The twins had never been, but must have known it was going to be cool, because they were excited! They were right!

IMG_3932IMG_3914

IMG_3924

Nick joined us there, and we had a delicious dinner made by my mom, then we all got home for early bedtimes.

IMG_3918IMG_3917

We had a most relaxing Sunday that consisted only of our weekly trip to Publix, which we always document (like idiots). We were just enjoying our view too much not to!

IMG_3967

I reinstated the Diego shirt for the Publix trip.

IMG_3966

We bought the Wii U when it first came out and the Mario game to go with it and have had so much fun playing. We finally decided to show Z the light, and man does he love it! He uses the white controller, Baba the blue, and Mama the pink. Most of the time, he has zero control, but he thinks he’s Mario. We have let him play a little and for a three year old, he does pretty well. It has almost become part of the nightly routine. My favorite part is snuggling in the bed with him, because we play it in our room. Oh, and he always wants to include Winnie.

IMG_3988IMG_3987

Meanwhile, this sweet girl sleeps away, missing all the action.

IMG_3991

No comments:

Post a Comment