Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ten

Another slump, another 10… Random things

1. Last night Z told Nick that I was the princess, he was a power ranger, Lu was the pig and he (Nick) was the “bad guy.” Nick tried to be spiderman or batman, but Z would not relent! Baba was the “bad guy.”

2. Lu really loves school. Nick says she gets so excited when they walk in the classroom, she turns her head really fast and takes it all in. He says (and I agree) that it makes it so much easier to take her knowing she’s happy there.

3. We have booked a week trip to the beach for late summer and we are super excited. It’s the first time we’ve (been able to) done that. We’re also trying to come up with some more long weekend type trips throughout the year that would be fun for us and the kids.

4. My latest good reads (and they’re old, but I liked them) were Something Borrowed and Something Blue, now I’m reading Where’d you Go Bernadette, which is a little strange, but pretty good so far. I absolutely love having them on my iPad and iPhone. It makes it so easy to read them, and my favorite thing is to read in the rocking chair after Lu finishes nursing and (some days) falls asleep on me. I just cuddle with her and read, while Z sits at the kitchen table with his dinner and iPad (lately watching Diego). It really is a great way to unwind after a long day! (Sometimes, she refuses to cuddle, then I have to put her in her bed and get outta there, and unwinding goes out the window.

5. While my parents are having work done on their new house, my dad has been spending some week nights with us (I love having one on one time with him, but I digress). Before that, my brother and nephew were with us a lot, and now Z expects someone to be at our house every day. He walks in and says “Who’s here?” or announces “hello hello!” (the same way my dad says it when he walks in). He also thinks the family is going to storm in any time he hears the doorbell ring!

6. I am proud of Nick and myself, we have been trying some recipes and they have turned out pretty well for the most part. We are always trying to cook more, for us and for Z.

7. Speaking of food, Lu did this weird thing the other night, where she ate a few bites of her food, then started screaming like crazy and wouldn’t eat anymore of anything. She did it the next day at school too, but hasn’t done it since. I’m thinking she was really tired. I guess sleep can be more important than food sometimes!

8. Z is so into power rangers ever since he found a book we bought for Jude that he left at our house (he found it one day when I sent him to his room for not listening, which is our new thing that seems to work pretty well, it is usually followed by an apology which he insists we accept). We went to B&N this weekend, and he found another book in the series, so we bought if for him.

photo 2 (2)photo 3 (2)

Nicks says he’ll always buy him books if he wants them.

photo 4

9. Lu’s not much into table foods, with the exception of small pieces of soft bread, but my mom (in true mom form) had her try cantaloupe for the first time at Pita Stop the other night. I think she really liked it!

photo 1 (2)

photo(10)

10. Lu loves her baba! This is how she greeted him when he came home the other night.

photo 5

Baba gets the smiles and the waves, mama gets this:

photo 1photo 2

I’m kidding, but she really did have a firm grip on my hair for a good 10 minutes, while I walked around the house with her this morning! Believe me, only Lu can get away with this!

1 comment:

  1. And I just remembered why I wore my hair in a ponytail for 4 years. . . . :) It's funny the things that you forget so quickly, and I'm so glad you took a photo of Lu with a fist-full of your hair!

    ReplyDelete