Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lu 8 Months

Lu's 8 months! I had so much fun taking pictures of her this month because (among other things) she can really sit up now!

When I was looking back at Z's 8 month post, I realized that their schedules are remarkably similar. She  is only taking 2 bottles at school now, which is kindof a big change, but it is working well, because before they were having to throw away a lot of milk, and that ain't no joke when you're pumping!

Clearly, my sign didn't last very long. She is SO grabby. She reaches for and grabs everything, and giving her something to hold is usually a sure fire way to calm her down!


She is all about Z, I mean loves him, and he really loves her too. He usually tells her bless you when she sneezes and he always wants to give her a hug when he sees her in the morning. 




So far, she's reaching milestones at about the same pace as Z did. She rolls both ways and is starting to try and reach for things when she's on her belly, but hasn't figured out how to move toward them. Although some nights, she starts on one end of the bed and ends up on the complete other side facing the other direction, so there's some kindof movement going on. 





 She still has no teeth, which doesn't stop her from eating! She eats twice a day and has started snacking on soft bread, which she gums like a champ. She makes several consonant sounds, like ba, da, ma, and ga. She does something I don't remember Z doing that they even asked me about at school, which is periodically spitting when she's eating. I'm sure she thinks it's a game, but it's not that funny, especially when Z starts doing it with her!

She stil likes to suck her 2 fingers on her left hand, but I think she's doing that a little less often now. She really likes facing out in my new sling and still does well in the car/carrier.

Lately, I can hardly watch the webcams, because I just want to go over there and grab her and squeeze her! Especially when she's sitting there with her little friends in a circle, it is so cute, and I can always pick her out by her ponytail sticking straight up!


1 comment:

  1. So precious! I love all her hair!

    OKAY- the spitting!! We are having such a problem with SC doing that, too! C never did it. And I know SC just does it to get a reaction- it's not that she doesn't like the food. And it goes EVERYWHERE! I have gotten sprayed in the face more times than I can count. C laughs and I have told her to stop bc it just encourages her. It really is so annoying, and we just end up putting the food away because she won't stop. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete