Thursday, January 3, 2013

This Week’s Ten

1. I was going to do another holiday post, but I really don’t have a lot of pictures or material and frankly, I don’t remember a lot of it, so I’m going random instead (does that count as one?)

2. This is the beginning of my holiday post: We got out our Night Before Christmas recordable book that has Tata’s voice reading in it a couple nights before Christmas day and Z was entranced. I think he thought Tata was in there, because the minute he heard his voice reading, he froze. It was really cute and he asked for it for the next few nights after that. We have finally retired the book until next year, but I’m thinking we’ll get it out a little sooner next year because he liked it so much.

3. Z and Lu had a great time opening presents. She got a lot of good baby toys that are hers and not hand-me-downs from Z, which she is used to. His big toy, which he got from Nana, was his bike. We practiced riding in the house but he’s still not quite getting it. Hopefully he will soon, and I’m sure when he does, we won’t be able to slow him down!

IMG_0081IMG_0079

4. We rather unsuccessfully attempted to take pictures of both of them on Christmas. Here are some of our attempts.

IMG_0053

IMG_0056IMG_0048

IMG_0058

Clearly Z was into the sword…

5. I’m glad I have times like these when I am reminded that I love home time and being with the kids, but I also like going back to work. It’s really all about routine. It’s what we’re used to.

6. I am considering putting the kids in daycare full time. As I put it to the friend I discussed it with, I guess my New Year’s resolution is to spend less time with the kids (kidding, people). I love spending time with them, and I love my Friday’s with them. I am just starting to think I could use them to get more things done, keep my sanity, etc.

7. Z’s constipation is an ongoing battle. We have bought every kind of pediatric laxative we have seen and they are GROSS. Today I bought Miralax so maybe it will keep him a little more regular. This has been one of the more frustrating things I have dealt with thus far. I’ll just leave it at that, because I like to keep it positive on this blog.

8. On that note, I hope I NEVER sound like things are perfect in my house and we are always having fun and have everything under control at all times. I don’t like people like that, so I hope I’m not. I just like to report positive happy things and ultimately document my kids’ childhoods. That’s all I’m really trying to do. After all, do you really want to hear that I had to take Z up to his room and close the doors last Friday because he threw Lu’s new Einstein radio across the room and almost hit me and I was so upset that I had to separate myself from him? No, I don’t think you do….

9. Lu weighs almost 17 pounds, that seems like a lot to me for someone who started out smaller, but she does like to eat, so I am really thankful!

10. Even though poop is a problem, Z is so good about tee tee. He just gets up and goes by himself, he flushes and everything! He usually comes back with the front part of his shirt tucked into his pants and/or underwear, but you know. Sometimes he’ll say, “I gotta go tee tee real quick” before he goes. He also has been saying stuff like “Is that good, Mama?” and “Is that funny, Mama?” Then, if you say, yeah it’s good, he’ll say “Good!” Like he’s a little parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment